Pictures of YOUR Christmas Tree!

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
My husband and I were just decorating our tree, listening to Christmas music and covering our three year old with ornaments when I remembered an old family tradition. I'm original from Chicago and there was a Christmas Tree competition where people literally had to have spent 100's of dollars to do themed trees and we would go and spend hours looking at them. Small trees, HUGE trees! Not so fancy all the way to, seriously? Everything on that tree is, EDIBLE? So from a young age I developed a LOVE for looking at decorated at trees! I just :heart: them!

So I was wondering if you would share a picture of your decorated tree with me and the other pal's on the site? We just put up our tree tonight so I will post a pic as soon as I get it uploaded!

For anyone who needs help posting pictures, just upload it to a site like photobucket, copy the IMG code, paste it in the reply box, replace the IMG with lowercase and presto! We will get to see your fabulous tree!

Replies

• Here is ours, we went with a fake one this year since we moved into the apartment. I thought it looked hilarious and scrawny but the kids loved it. It's covered with ornaments that my mother has given to the kids over the years and many that they have made. :tongue:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=642251&l=5b53074cfb&id=100000039592064
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    great idea..last year I did an all candy tree...the kids loved it..
    this year I want to do something really different, so I have come up with
    an Idea, Im going to make a tree, not sure how it will turn out, will
    post a pic if I can get it done this weekend.
  • TaraMaria
    Here is ours, we went with a fake one this year since we moved into the apartment. I thought it looked hilarious and scrawny but the kids loved it. It's covered with ornaments that my mother has given to the kids over the years and many that they have made. :tongue:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=642251&l=5b53074cfb&id=100000039592064

tree.jpg

Its beautiful! And it reminded me: Candy canes! I totally forgot!!! But I guarantee if I put those things on my tree my three year old will drive me absolutely batty wanting to eat one!!!
  • TaraMaria
    SAM_1487.jpg

SAM_1484-1.jpg

My tree! :o)
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Hope this works - this is my first time posting a picture

2uthk6e.jpg
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Great idea! I LOVE Christmas and decorating. My tree has been up since November 14th! :) I couldn't even think about waiting until Thanksgiving!

058.jpg
    057.jpg
  • TaraMaria
    CGerman - I love the dragonfly ornaments!!!! SO CUTE!

Superstarcassie - Okay first off...I want some of those sprig things! I told my hubbo that they'd be beautiful and your tree is proof!!! Love the ornaments with the little circles too!
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    This is an awesome idea! Thank you all for sharing your trees. I love decorating the Christmas tree but I live in one room with my fiance so we don't have room for a tree. We have a little ceramic one that lights up ha. I can't wait to have a real tree. So, thank you for sharing yours. :)
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    If I can muster up the energy, I will be putting up my tree tonight. I have been dealing with the outdoor decorations all day. I will post pictures as soon as I get it up.
  • TaraMaria
    If I can muster up the energy, I will be putting up my tree tonight. I have been dealing with the outdoor decorations all day. I will post pictures as soon as I get it up.

Yay! I cannot wait to see it!
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Friendly safety reminder for those of you with real trees...water them DAILY!

It may seem like a minor thing, but it's REALLY important.

Check out the video about this at the following URL ---->>>> http://safetyathome.com/
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    155020_486818718768_658183768_5714797_6044635_n.jpg

This is not my main tree, this is the one in the conservatory, but as our sitting room is upstairs, we like a tree downstairs too. It has all the kids decorations on they made, as well as my vintage and retro ones
  • pauldbarnhart
    Go here to see our tree (the wife is the decorator):

http://arthurscollectibles.freeyellow.com/2010 christmas tree.jpg
  • TaraMaria
    OMG! BEAUTIFUL TREES!!!!! :o) LOVE THEM! I could look at trees all day long! :o)
  • pauldbarnhart
    so...how do I actually get the image to show up here? obviously, all I did was put the url in the reply box. That didn't work, so what did I do wrong?
  • TaraMaria
    You have to post the picture on a place like photobucket. They will create a link on the side called an Image link. It will have at the beginning and end of the link. You place it here and then replace the IMG with img, replace the upper with lower. Then BAM! There she be! Your tree looks magnificent! My compliments to your wife!!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    5262554422_940a8257c3.jpg

My tree is a bit crooked, but has lots of old ornaments, some from my Grandmother, she had them on her tree as a young bride; others were on my tree when i was little.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    2752655_4410.jpg
  • I hope this works.

My tree and my favorite ornament this year.

tree.jpg
    edward.jpg
  • Not sure why they were off center. They were centered on photobucket. :huh:

Sorry
This discussion has been closed.